The Mentor: Shared Knowledge | Canadian Canoe Culture
Indigenous youth build a birchbark canoe by hand at Fort William First Nation. The canoe is a symbol of the great wisdom to be learned from Canada’s Indigenous people.
Is there anything more Canadian than paddling? ‘Ontario’ is an Iroquoian word meaning ‘land of shining waters’. With over 200 lakes, countless rivers and heritage waterways in Ontario, we are connected by and to water and the Canoe is a symbol of that relationship.
Discover the different ways Ontarian have connected to our natural environment, each other and themselves through paddling. This film captures the human connection and bond created by Canada’s well-known craft & symbol, the canoe. Through the stories of five paddlers across the province of Ontario, Canada – a majestic background both in it’s landscape & history – the film underscores the strength of the human spirit and how the canoe can be a vessel for creating deep and meaningful connections.
Get inspired for your next canoe adventure here: http://bit.ly/CanadianCanoeCulture
Let us help plan your next Algonquin Park Adventure
- Learn more about Algonquin Provincial Park or visit the official website at www.algonquinpark.on.ca
- We’re here to help plan your next Algonquin Provincial Park adventure
- Our Ultimate Outfitting package takes care of all the planning for you
- Our Custom Guided canoe trip is perfect for the first time visitor
- Done it all before and just need a feather weight canoe, we’ve got those too.
- or maybe you just have a question, contact us or give us a call at 1-800-469-4948 (in North America) or 1-705-635-2243