Careers at Algonquin Outfitters
If you're an outdoor enthusiast and are looking at combining work with pleasure, a seasonal or full-time job or career at AO may be the choice for you!
Algonquin Outfitters has a number of locations throughout the Muskoka and Haliburton regions and has a variety of jobs that need the right people! If you have an interest in Algonquin Park, Canoe Trips, Camping, Hiking, or Technical Outdoor Products we have several locations to choose from. Think of it more as a life experience than a place of work…
See below for available positions at Algonquin Outfitters!
What do we look for in an employee?
- someone who enjoys outdoor adventure!
- strong communication skills
- able to work in a team environment yet able to work independently when needed
- integrity in terms of decision-making and behavior
- ownership; a willingness to get the job done and to do things right
- innovation; someone looking to better themselves
Current Job Openings at Algonquin Outfitters
Even more reasons to join the team!
A job at AO isn’t so much about work as it is a life experience. We firmly believe in staff expertise in the products and services that we provide, and that means we encourage you to try as many of the activities AO has to offer.
Here’s some of the added benefits of being part of the AO team
- AO wants you to experience the great wilderness of the park. Employees can use rental gear free of charge
- Many free activities run through AO such as group bike rides, ski/snowboarding, social nights, etc
- Staff get to learn about our cool products through our product knowledge sessions
- Get great incentives and deep discounts on the products/brands we carry
Algonquin Outfitters is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Algonquin Outfitters is always looking for the right people. Our seasonal stores run from April through Thanksgiving but we start the interview process in March or earlier.
When you contact us please be sure to let us know which location you would prefer.