Retail Sales Associate – Oxtongue Lake
This seasonal job starts around June 14th and into the fall (Thanksgiving) and is located at our Oxtongue Lake store near Dwight Ontario, just west of Algonquin Provincial Park on Highway #60. Accommodation may be available for the right applicant.
Algonquin Outfitters is looking for enthusiastic, energetic people to work at our Oxtongue Lake location this spring, summer and fall. We are currently hiring for all positions – retail – rental and outfitting associates. Algonquin Outfitters is a fast-paced retail and rental environment that caters to people adventuring in the greater Algonquin Park area. A passion for the park, tourism and high-quality goods is a must! A successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills – is personable, organized, self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision. Algonquin Outfitters offers on-property residence for non-local employees and lots of perks and discounts on rental equipment and merchandise. We are Co-Operative Education friendly as well! Join Algonquin Outfitters this season and look forward to helping create stories and experiences with our customers, through providing quality products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing time and tasks effectively without supervision.
- Contributing to problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Approaching customer service with excitement and a positive attitude.
- Being engaging and approachable.
- Leading by example – contributes own brand of leadership within the team.
- Providing expert product and park knowledge to customers.
- Communicating positively about products and services.
- Diligently following daily and weekly task lists.
- Accommodation may be available (must be 19+ years old) for the right applicant.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This position reports to senior management at Oxtongue Lake
- A knowledge and love of the outdoors, apparel & gear.
- A passion for delivering world-class customer service.
- Excellent people skills – a strong communicator, approachable and engaging.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work consistent weekend shifts.
- Strong work ethic.
- First Aid. (not required but is an asset)
- Some positions require a valid driver’s license.
- Some of our summer Algonquin Park locations offer onsite accommodation for a limited number of mature staff.
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Company discounts
- Free use or rental equipment
- On-going training
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contract length: 5 months
Application deadline: 2022-06-03
Expected start date: 2022-06-10
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
We take the health and well being our staff and customers very seriously. All of our stores feature plexiglass barriers, hand sanitization stations, and everyone is required to wear a mask while visiting our stores/serving our customers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.