Rental Clerk – Oxtongue Lake
This job has a start date of May 15th and is located at Oxtongue Lake just west of Algonquin Provincial Park on Highway #60. Accommodation may be available for the right applicant.
Every summer, the Algonquin Outfitters Oxtongue Lake location looks to hire rental associates to work in this unique, fast-paced work environment. This position requires outgoing, positive people who can think on their feet and love the outdoors. Here, at Oxtongue Lake, we place the highest priority on excellent customer service. A successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of Algonquin Park and the area with a drive to learn. Rental experience is not necessary but is considered an asset. A valid driver’s license and first aid are not required but preferred.
- Handing out and Reprocessing rental equipment
- Tie-down canoes to customer vehicles
- Deliver canoes to access points within Algonquin Park
- Help customers launch canoes or kayaks for day trips from our dock
- Other duties as assigned
- Accommodation may be available (must be 19 years of age) for the right applicant.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- This position reports to Colin Bruce
Working knowledge of Algonquin Park and area, with a drive to learn. Retail or rental experience is not necessary but is considered an asset. A valid driver’s license and first aid are not required but preferred.
- You get to work with like-minded people every day on the border of one of Ontario’s most majestic provincial parks.
- Commitment to work-life balance
- We have on-property residence if needed, and it’s on the lake!
- Free use of rental equipment on off peek times.
- Generous staff discount and pro-deal program
- On-going training
- Performance bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2022-05-06
Expected start date: 2022-05-13
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $16.00 per hour
We take the health and well being our staff and customers very seriously. All of our stores feature plexiglass barriers, hand sanitization stations, and everyone is required to wear a mask while visiting our stores/serving our customers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.