Rental Associate (Summer Seasonal)
Algonquin Outfitters is seeking a seasonal rental associate/customer service representative team member. This is an excellent opportunity to come and join our team in Downtown Huntsville on the edge of the Muskoka River, in a fast-paced, exciting outdoor retail environment.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist customers with watercraft and outfitting rentals and services. Our downtown Huntsville store is located on the shores of the scenic Muskoka River and attracts many visitors looking for an on-the-water experience for the day or canoes and gear for backcountry experiences in Algonquin Park. Other responsibilities include kayak and canoe sales as well as rental fleet maintenance and general upkeep and cleaning.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent customer service and organization skills. They will also be able to lift 50-70lbs over their head and be familiar with Muskoka and Algonquin Park.
- Manage time and tasks effectively without supervision.
- Approach customer service with a professional and positive attitude.
- Use of Point of Sales Terminal to process sales and rentals.
- Provide customers with product knowledge and area information.
- Answer customer questions and assist them in their purchasing and rental decisions
- Assist customers with canoe, kayak and paddleboard tie-downs.
- Ensure store and product are kept clean and organized inside and outside, empty garbage/recycling, Boat Yard upkeep.
- Knowledge of the outdoors, apparel & gear.
- Passion for outdoor adventure.
- Experience with canoe & kayak tie-downs.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent people skills
- A strong communicator, approachable and engaging.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Experience in retail is an asset
- First Aid and/or NLS certification is considered an asset
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- This position reports to the store manager and rental manager(s).
- Commitment to work-life balance: Staff are allowed free rental equipment use during off-peak times; camping gear, expedition and whitewater canoes, touring & whitewater kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, mountain, road and fat bikes, snowshoes, Nordic skis, snowboards, alpine skis, etc.
- Company discounts: Generous staff discounts and pro-deal programs.
- On-going training: Ongoing staff training through product knowledge information sessions Performance bonuses: Seasonal and performance-based bonuses available for some positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We take the health and well-being of our staff and customers very seriously. All of our stores feature plexiglass barriers, hand sanitization stations, and everyone is required to wear a mask while visiting our stores/serving our customers.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Huntsville, ON P1H 2C7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Experience with canoe, kayak and paddleboard transportation.
- Able to lift a canoe above your head.
- customer service: 2 years (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.