Minden – Retail Associate (Summer Season)
algonquinoutfit Algonquin Outfitters
Your Outdoor Adventure Store
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
AO is actively seeking Retail Associates to join our team in Minden. If you are looking to have a blast, meet great people and try out some of our gear, then let’s connect!
As one of our Sales Associates, you aren’t just selling the products we stock, you are helping people get outside and lead active and adventurous lifestyles. Here’s a few things you will do in this job:
- Sales – front of store, answering phones, welcoming customers, cash duties
- Rentals – assist with rental procedures for our products
- Merchandising and Inventory – receive shipments, stock and help maintain our spaces
- Customer Service – create an awesome experience and deliver excellent customer service
- Fun – We want our team members to love what they do, so we want you to help promote a fun and inclusive work environment!
What will you bring to us?
- Previous experience in a retail environment (this is ideal but attitude and enthusiasm count for a lot!)
- Knowledge and love of the outdoors, apparel, and gear with confidence to provide product knowledge to our customers
- Desire to go above and beyond with a can-do, enthusiastic and team player attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an engaging and approachable personality
- Experience with POS systems is an asset
We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can multitask & prioritize, follow through thoroughly on tasks with little supervision, and has a high standard of quality in all that they do. And it goes without saying that in the retail world, we are open on weekends and some holidays, so we need our Associates to be willing to work these hours.
At AO, we foster an environment and culture that makes these roles suitable to students, retirees/snowbirds, or individuals who are only looking to work in the summer months as you have other plans for the winter. We welcome interest from all!
We think working at AO is pretty awesome so if you would like to learn more about these opportunities and what it is like to work with AO, please connect with us by sending your resume and a brief introduction of who you are and why you would be a great addition to the AO team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $15.50-$18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Day shift
- Apparel store
- Specialty store
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Minden, Ontario
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.