Campground Canoe Delivery Driver – Lake Opeongo
Algonquin Outfitters Opeongo Store offers campground and access point canoe delivery, as well as canoe rentals from the store. We are looking for physically fit individual(s) who enjoys working outdoors and are comfortable towing canoe trailers daily. Working in this department drivers will be responsible for transporting canoes to campgrounds and access points along Highway #60 in Algonquin Park and assisting customers in renting equipment at the store. This position is physically demanding and drivers must be able to keep to a schedule while working safely and efficiently.
Summer accommodation is available for full-time staff at this location. Apply early to secure a spot in the on-site residence. Live and work in Algonquin Provincial Park this summer with this dream job!
- Load and unload canoe trailers.
- Drop off and pick up canoes to and from campgrounds and access points along HWY 60 while on a schedule.
- Keep track of rental inventory.
- Clean and maintain delivery trucks/vans and trailers every day.
- Manage time and tasks effectively and responsibly without supervision.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- This position reports to Austin Bonvivere, Opeongo Store Manager
- Valid G license.
- Standard first aid.
- Capable of lifting 80 lbs overhead.
- Experience towing trailers an asset.
- Strong work ethic.
- Accommodation may be provided at Lake Opeongo, Algonquin Park
- Committed to work-life balance
- Company discounts
- Free use of rental equipment
- Ongoing training
- Performance bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We take the health and well being our staff and customers very seriously. All of our stores feature plexiglass barriers, hand sanitization stations, and everyone is required to wear a mask while visiting our stores/serving our customers.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.