Town of Huntsville Photo Contest
Information on this page has been reproduced from the official contest page at www.huntsville.ca/en/living/photo-contest.asp be sure to visit the original page for current rules and notifications.
We hope you have fun getting out and enjoying Huntsville this fall as you participate in this photo contest. We want to see photos of you, your family and friends enjoying all that Huntsville has to offer: downtown, restaurants, hotels and resorts, shops, festivals, lakes, nature, wildlife, and more.
Have fun and get creative!
This contest is run by the Corporation of the Town of Huntsville (the Town).
To qualify you must complete the contest’s entry form before the close of the contest on Friday, October 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. By doing so, you are confirming compliance with the contest rules.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contest is open to persons over the age of 19.
- Multiple entries are allowed but are limited to a total of 6 photos per person. If more than 6 are submitted, the first 6 submitted will be used for the purposes of the contest.
- Contest is not open to residents of the province of Quebec.
- Contest prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize: $500.00 cash.
- 2nd prize: 10 Ticket Family Pass for Leisure Skating and Leisure Swim (one punch per activity). Value of $91.18 for 2018 and $93.00 for 2019.
- 3rd prize: Full Site pass for 4 to Muskoka Heritage Place in 2019. Value of $85.00.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, have no cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable.
- Prizes will be awarded at the sole discretion of the judges based on entries. All prizes may not be awarded.
- The Town reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value in the event that the prize described is unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Transportation and / or shipping of any prizes are the responsibility of the prize winner. Prizes may also be picked up at the Huntsville Civic Centre or the Canada Summit Centre during regular business hours.
- The approximate value of all prizes is indicated above.
Winner Selection Process
- Winners for photo contests are selected by a judging process. The criteria includes: relatable representation of Huntsville (people, places, attractions, popular activities, etc.), quality of the image and usability for Town of Huntsville purposes.
- In the event that the contest sponsors are unable to reach a winner within 14 days, that selected entry may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Only one prize will be awarded per contest winner, household, family, group or organization.
Winning Multiple Contests
You may only win one prize per contest and you may not enter the consecutive photo contest if you have already won a prize in the previous contest. For example if the judges pick your photo as 1st place winner and 3rd place winner you will be awarded 1st place, third place will go to the 4th place photograph.
- The Town accepts no liability for errors on material distributed for this program.
- All entries successfully submitted become the property of the Town, who assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or email, nor for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit a user’s ability to participate. The Town reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond its control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest.
- By participating in this program, all participants and award winners agree that the Town, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities’ respective officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss illness, litigation or damage that may occur from participation in the promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes.
- In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Ontario and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that province.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to be governed by these rules agree to have their name and photograph used without compensation for Town purposes.
- Entrants also agree to receive communications via email or telephone from the Town as a condition of entry and in relation to the contest.
- Entrants may withdraw their entry at any time; however this will remove all entries associated with their name and email address. Requests to unsubscribe from the contest should be sent to email@example.com
- Photos submitted to the contest may be displayed as entries online or in our public buildings. In doing so we often resize, crop or print the photos. By submitting your photo, you hereby grant the Town the right to publish, display, post and otherwise use the photo for marketing purposes on websites and other media. You agree that the photo may be cropped, edited, electronically manipulated or otherwise altered, and that whether or how the photograph is used is entirely for the Town to decide.
- Amateur and professional photographers are allowed to enter our photo contest.
- By entering you certify that you are the photographer and sole copyright owner of this photo, and have obtained the consent of all identifiable persons shown in it for these uses. The Town has the sole discretion to use or not use any photo. You also understand that all photos are subjected to a moderation process before being posted in the gallery, this may cause a delay from entry to publishing.
- Contest judges, employees of the Town, their affiliates and agents, participating partners, contractors and immediate family members (defined as grandparents, parents, step parents, children, siblings and spouse) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible. Entries not valid where prohibited by law.
- The winners will be publically announced online at Huntsville.ca and on the Town of Huntsville facebook and twitter account. A winners list can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Town of Huntsville, attention: Contest Winners List, 37 Main Street East, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 1A1.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Corporation of the Town of Huntsville and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of this photo contest and to contact the winners.