Open Mic with Kevin Callan
Open Mic with Kevin Callan, The Happy Camper
Join us for the 150 for 150 after party at The Oar and Paddle Restaurant & Pub in Gravenhurst between 4pm and 7pm on Sunday June 25th 2017
The canoe is an icon that is symbolically Canadian to most. We recognize it’s importance in recreation, it’s significance historically, and not least of all, it’s ingenuity by the First Nation’s people. This unassuming vessel was pivotal to the First Nation’s people to thrive in this environment, and it was also this gift to the early Europeans that carved and created this country that we’ve come to know and love today.
Historically the canoe was the vessel that not only connected trade and commerce it also connected communities and communication. The canoe is a vessel of stories, of legend and lore.
Join us on Sunday June 25th for an open mic session with Canadian legend, Kevin Callan, or you may know him as The Happy Camper. Bring your canoeing stories as we share the mic with Kevin and canoeists just like you.
Attending the 150 for 150 event at canoe lake on this Sunday? This is the perfect after event to attend on your way back to the city.
Be sure to follow the hash tag #PaddleON this summer on your favourite social media channels.
- Sunday June 25th 2017 between 4pm and 7pm
- at the Oar & Paddle Restaurant and Pub; 530 Muskoka Rd N, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1G3, Canada
- Tickets are just $10 (food and beverage extra), available here in advance or at the door (there’s only 60 available though)
- Prizes will be awarded for the best paddling stories shared, it doesn’t have to be long it just has to be memorable, just like a weekend canoe trip.
- We’ll have something for everyone who attends!
- Win one of two $50 Oar and Paddle Gift Certificates
- An Outdoor Research jacket (Valued at $300)
- Win a Badger Paddle (Valued at $150)
- Win one of three $50 ESSO gas cards from Explorers’ Edge
- Stanley packable shotglass set
- A signed copy of An Artists and Photographers Guide to Wild Ontario by Rob Stimpson
- We’ll also have a selection of Kevin Callan books available for purchase.
- Looking to plan your next Algonquin Park adventure, check out the Algonquin Outfitters complete outfitting packages here, or if you just need to rent a canoe we do that too.
Brought to you by
The Happy Camper’s tour of Explorers’ Edge
Join us Sunday June 25th at The Oar and Paddle Restaurant & Pub in Gravenhurst