APP Winter in the Wild Festival 2017
Algonquin Provincial Park
Ontario 60, Nipissing, Unorganized, South Part, ON K0J 2M0
Join The Friends of Algonquin Park and Ontario Parks to celebrate winter in Algonquin Park through this family event. Indoor and outdoor events will be held at various locations throughout the Highway 60 Corridor of the Park, including many at the Algonquin Visitor Centre. All of the activities during the Festival are free with the purchase of a Daily Vehicle Permit or Camping Permit (with the exception of food). For complete Winter in the Wild Festival details see http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca
This festival celebrates winter in Algonquin Park through indoor and outdoor events held at various locations throughout the Highway 60 Corridor of Algonquin Park, including many at the Algonquin Visitor Centre. All of the activities during the Festival are free with the purchase of a Daily Vehicle Permit or Camping Permit (with the exception of food).
Developed camping is available at Mew Lake Campground with overflow camping available at Lake of Two Rivers Campground if necessary. Campsite reservations are now possible for a portion of Mew Lake Campground (including the yurts) through the central reservation service. First-come, first-served camping is still available. See the Winter in Algonquin Park page for all the details. Roofed accommodation, in a wide variety of forms, is also available outside Algonquin Park.
Event information provided by The Friends of Algonquin Park.
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre, Highway 60 at km 43 (13 km inside the East Gate)
Whitney, Ontario, Canada
Events Schedule – Saturday, February 18, 2017
This festival is a celebration of winter in Algonquin and highlights some of the season’s best activities offered in the Park. The events will take place at locations along Highway 60 within the Park. See below for details.
- Guided Winter Bird Walk – 10:00am to 11:30am
- Meet the Artists in the Algonquin Room – 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Wildlife Snowshoe Excursion – 10:30am to 12:00pm
- Black Bears in Winter – 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Outdoor Children’s Program – 11:30am to 12:30pm
- Winter in the Wild Lunch
- Meet the Naturalist – Animal Winter Adaptations – 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- Wildlife Tracking Presentation – 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Guided Winter Bird Walk – 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Wildlife Snowshoe Excursion – 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Winter Camping Demonstrations – 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Ice Skating, Campfire, and Barbecue – 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Fireside Talk and Winter Night Hike Program at Mew Lake – 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Winter in Algonquin Park (www.algonquinpark.on.ca)
Come experience Algonquin Park in winter. Enjoy all that winter has to offer including camping, snowshoeing, skiing, skating, wildlife watching, hiking and much more.