COVID-19 May Update
Updated: May 11, 2020
Well, things have sure changed since our first “COVID 19 message.” The two or three-week lockdown we anticipated in mid-March is still in effect on May 1, and though there are signs of things loosening up in Ontario, we still don’t know when our stores will be able to open to the public. With the extension of Ontario’s provincial park closures until May 31, many early season and “May 24 weekend” trips have been cancelled.
Meanwhile, spring is in the air, lakes in Muskoka and Algonquin Park are opening up and the management team at Algonquin Outfitters have been busy behind the scenes. Here are some updates we’d like to share with you:
Our Huntsville store will be closed to curbside pickup on Monday, May 18th.
Note our Huntsville Curbside Pickup hours have now expanded to Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.
We are also now offering Curbside Pickup by appointment at our Bracebridge, Haliburton, Oxtongue Lake (same hours as Huntsville) and Port Carling Stores, please see our individual store pages for full details.
Shipping and curbside pickup are available
- Our online store is still open for business, and we’ll be unveiling an enhanced and expanded version very soon: https://algonquinoutfitters.com/product-category/store-products/products/
- Shipping is available through Canada Post or Purolator, please inquire about rates. Curbside pickup for essential items is available by appointment at the Huntsville location Thursday to Saturday. Call 1-705-787-0262 or email [email protected] Monday to Friday between 10 am and 2 pm for more information.
Starting Monday, May 11th we will be expanding our Curbside Pickup to several of our stores in Muskoka and Haliburton and expanding our hours, for full details visit our store locator here and click on the individual store for full details.
Bike service is available in Huntsville
- Our bike service technicians in Huntsville are available by appointment to get your bike ready for safe and socially distant spring rides, or that commute to work. Staff ensure that cleaning and sanitizing protocols are strictly followed.
- The Huntsville Bike Shop is operating Thursday – Saturday, via phone call and appointment. Call 1-705-787-0262 or email [email protected] to set up your service appointment.
Used canoes, kayaks and SUPs are available online
- Our “used canoe page” is up to date with this season’s list of used rentals available for online purchase. Prepayment can be made by PayPal and we will hold the watercraft for you to pick up when it is appropriate to do so. See the full list here:https://algonquinoutfitters.com/used-canoes/
Rebooking or refunding canoe trips cancelled due to COVID restrictions
- If you have to change travel plans due to ongoing travel restrictions or the extended park closure, we will work with you to determine the best option for your rental or outfitting reservation. Here are three alternatives if you have made a reservation and paid a deposit, hopefully, you will be able to reschedule your trip for a future date. Once Algonquin Park does open up again, we expect to see a lot of interest in camping and canoeing!
- re-book to sometime later this season and apply your payment to the new booking.
- if you think you’ll re-book but aren’t sure of dates yet, we can convert your payment into a reservations gift card you can use for a future booking with us.
- cancel completely and we’ll give you a full refund.
Please let us know by email which option you prefer: [email protected]
- If you do reschedule or cancel, don’t forget to change or cancel your camping permits with Ontario Parks: https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/
Algonquin Outfitters is helping out our community
Algonquin Outfitters supports many organizations in our community annually, not just during times of a pandemic. We encourage you to also support those closest to you in need. Shop locally, with small business to show your support, leave a tip to bring a smile to the face of front line workers. Show your financial support for charities and those out helping our fellow community members in these tough times.
Algonquin Outfitters Supports
- The Huntsville Hospital Foundation through a $25,000 Business Cares Sponsorship.
- The Table Soup Kitchen Foundation through programs like our Annual Coat Drive and regular support made possible by donations from customers like you. We’ve also asked the public to donate and old but functional bikes to The Table, they can drop bikes off at our Huntsville store or directly at the Table Soup Kitchen (1-705-) located at 9 Hanes St, Huntsville, ON.
- Donation of Buff’s for Huntsville COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Dani Reiss Family Foundation makes $1M difference at Huntsville hospital
- Several outdoor companies are stepping up to help produce PPE for front line medical staff like:
- Anon Optics – Goggles for Docs
- Arcade Belts – donated face masks
- Arc’teryx – manufacturing medical gowns
- Bell & Giro Helmets – Goggles for Docs
- BioLite – donated headlamps and food
- Black Diamond – manufacturing face shields
- Burton – donated 500,000 KN95 masks & manufacturing face shields
- CamelBak – donated 10,000 water bottles to frontline workers
- Canada Goose – manufacturing & donating 10,000 scrubs and patient gowns
- Cascade Designs (MSR, Therm-a-rest, SealLine, etc) – manufacturing 20.000 face masks daily
- Chaco Sandals – manufacturing face masks
- Clif Bar– donates 6.6 million energy bars
- Crocs Shoes – donating shoes to healthcare workers
- Darn Tough Vermont Socks – donated 10,000 pairs of socks to hospitals
- Dragon Alliance – donated protective eyewear
- Exofficio & Marmot – donated 10,000 pairs of underwear
- Fischer – donated 1,000 pairs of goggles
- Goal Zero – manufacturing face shields
- Keen Shoes – donated 100,000 pairs of shoes
- L.L. Bean – manufacturing 10,000 face masks daily
- Merrell – donated 1,200 pairs of shoes
- Mountain Hardwear – donated underwear to hospitals
- Osprey – manufacturing face masks
- Outdoor Research – manufacturing N95 face masks
- Petzl Headlamps – manufacturing face shields
- Salomon – manufacturing face masks
- Saxx Underwear – donated underwear to healthcare workers
- Smith Optics – Goggles for Docs
- Specialized Bikes – donated bikes to essential workers
- The North Face – Donated $1 million to COVID-19 response efforts & send 60,000 gloves to healthcare professionals
You can see what local businesses are open here – https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/open-for-business-support-local-during-covid-19/