COVID-19 2021 update
Updated: January 14, 2021
We encourage all Ontarians to stay close to home and adhere to the new guidelines announced by the provincial government on January 12, 2021. For more information on these emergency measures, click here. Each Algonquin Outfitters location will continue to support its local community through scheduled, curbside pickup (call ahead) for essential items. If we all do our part, we can look forward to a day in the near future where we can see all of our friends who have supported us over the last 60 years.
During the provincial lockdown period, our stores will be operating online as well as curbside for all your retail and equipment rental needs. Please visit our website or contact us by phone to arrange a curbside appointment. We look forward to the day when we can host you safely inside the store again.
- Starting Thursday, Jan 14, curbside pickup will require you to call the store, book ahead, and wear a mask when making your pickup.
- Starting Monday, Dec 28, our Bracebridge, Haliburton and Huntsville stores will be open for curbside pickup and rentals.
- Starting Sunday, Dec 27, our Oxtongue Lake store will be open for curbside pickup for retail and rentals.
Please stay safe and find some amazing ways to enjoy the outdoors in your local community while we wait for the COVID restrictions to be lifted.
Our online store is open for business: https://shop.algonquinoutfitters.com/ You’ll find hundreds of products featuring some of our most popular items online.
- If you don’t see what you are looking for online, please call.
- If you have an AO gift card that you would like to redeem online, please call one of our stores and have your gift card number available.
Local curbside pickup and shipping are available
- You can call our stores to have one of our associates find the products you are looking for and assist you with arranging for curbside pickup or shipping.
- Shipping is available through Canada Post or Purolator to nearly anywhere within Canada.
Winter Rentals for Locals
All our locations will be offering curbside rentals by appointment only.
- Bracebridge, 60 Manitoba Street (snowshoes only) – 705-645-9262
- Haliburton, 218 Highland Street (cross country skis and snowshoes) – 705-457-3737
- Huntsville, 86 Main Street East (cross country skis, backcountry skis, fat bikes and snowshoes) – 705-787-0262
- Oxtongue Lake, 1035 Algonquin Outfitters Road, Dwight (cross country skis and snowshoes) – 705-635-2243
Huntsville service shop
Our Huntsville service shop will continue to offer tunes and repairs on alpine skis, snowboards, cross country and backcountry skis, snowshoes and bikes. Call 705-787-0262 to book an appointment.
Algonquin Outfitters is helping our community
Algonquin Outfitters supports many organizations in our community throughout the year. We encourage you to also support those closest to you in need. Shop locally with small businesses to show your support or leave a tip to bring a smile to a front-line workers’ face. Show your financial support for charities and those out helping our fellow community members in these tough times.
Algonquin Outfitters Supports
- The Huntsville Hospital Foundation, through a $25,000 Business Cares Sponsorship.
- The Table Soup Kitchen Foundation
- Algonquin Outfitters Annual Winter Coat Drive (over 100 coats in 2020).
- With help from our community, we were able to fully support two families for The Table’s Family Christmas.
- If you can, please make a cash donation to The Table Foundation when you come for a curbside pick up or rental. Donations to the table made through Algonquin Outfitters are matched 100% (up to $2000) by Algonquin Outfitters. See in-store for full details.
You can see what local businesses are open here – https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/
Virtual Film Festivals
Banff Mountain Film Festival – Virtual Edition
Lastly, if you’re doing your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 by staying at home, please join us and watch the Banff Mountain Film Festival online this winter.
Using the referral link below, a portion of the proceeds will support local organizations like the Algonquin Theatre, the Huntsville Mountain Bike Association, and the West Wind Highlands Ski Touring Association.
The single program ($15USD) will have a 3-day rental period, and our bundle of two programs ($28USD) will have a rental period of 14 days. You can view the films as many times as you like during the rental period, which begins immediately upon viewing (i.e., as soon as you hit play).
Paddling Film Festival – Virtual Edition
Algonquin Outfitters has brought you the Paddling Film Festival World Tour, which has showcased the very best paddling films since 2006. The World Tour screens in more than 135 cities around the world each year and is also now available to stream online.
The festival inspires more people to explore rivers, lakes and oceans, push physical and emotional extremes, embrace the lifestyle and appreciate the heritage of the wild places we paddle.
For 2020/21, there will be three programs (Adrenaline, Adventure and Culture). Each one offers about an hour and a half to two hours worth of films and costs $15 USD for a 3-day rental once you make your purchase. Gift Cards for any program are also available if you would like to gift them to someone else.