Algonquin Outfitters Paddle Art Contest
Our first Paddle Art Contest was such a success and many of you asked when we would do it again. Algonquin Outfitters is happy to announce their second Paddle Art Contest. Help us celebrate Ontario Parks 125th anniversary (1893-2018) and our love for paddling and art in the great outdoors.
The Algonquin Outfitters Paddle Art Contest connects a couple of things in local culture that we love, paddling and art. We’re hoping again to have over 100 paddles created for our contest that will run from June 1st 2018 until Sept 15th 2019 . To enter the contest all you have to do is visit an Algonquin Outfitters store (paddles will eventually be available at all of our stores but right now they are already available in Huntsville and Oxtongue Lake.) There’s a $29.98+tx entry fee and for that we provide the canvas (an unfinished 57″ wooden paddle) for your masterpiece. It’s your job to create something spectacular. It’s not limited to painting, you could burn an image or design into the paddle, or carve it into something unique, it’s totally up to you. We can’t wait to see what creative designs you come up with this time around.
STEP ONE – REGISTER TO ENTER THE CONTEST
Registration is just $29.98+tx. Included with your registration is a paddle blank to create your masterpiece with. Registration can be made in person at the following Algonquin Outfitters locations:
- Bracebridge: 60 Manitoba Street, Bracebridge Ontario P1L1S1 (Map/Directions) 705-645-9262
- Haliburton: 218 Highland Street, Haliburton Ontario K0M 1S0 (Map/Directions) 705-457-3737
- Huntsville: 86 Main Street East, Huntsville Ontario P1H 2C7 (Map/Directions) 705-787-0262
- Opeongo: Lake: Opeongo at Access Point #11 Algonquin Park (Map/Directions) 613-637-2075
- Oxtongue: 1035 Algonquin Outfitters Road, Dwight, Ontario, P0A 1H0 (Map/Directions) 705-635-2243
- Port Carling: 119 Medora Street, Port Carling Ontario P0B 1J0 (Map/Directions) 705-765-2074
Q: Must I use the paddle blank provided by Algonquin Outfitters.
A: No you don’t have to use the paddles provided but registration is still $29.98+tx. If you would like to use your own material to create your paddle and ship, or drop it off at, one of the Algonquin Outfitters stores we’ll be offering online registration soon.
STEP TWO – CREATE YOUR PADDLE ART
With your in-store registration you will receive an unfinished 57″ wooden paddle. During the creation of you paddle you can use any style of art you wish; painting, burning, carving, sculpture, etc. You can use extra material to create your finished paddle art as long as some part of it is still a paddle. The only limitation is your imagination!
STEP THREE – RETURN YOUR COMPLETED PADDLE ART
(Deadline: Aug 31st 2019 Next Year)
- Complete the Completed paddle submission form and securely attach it to your paddle.
- Return your completed paddle art to any Algonquin Outfitters location before the contest deadline of Aug 31st 2019. If you wish to ship your paddle please package and protect it to insure safe delivery to the address below.
Optional Shipping Address:
Paddle Art Contest
C/O Algonquin Outfitters
86 Main Street East
STEP FOUR – ONLINE AUCTION
The final step (and how we choose our winners) will take place between Sept 15th and Sept 29th 2019 with an online auction and live event at the Algonquin Theatre on Friday Sept 27th 2019, held to raise funds for our supported charities. Auction details will be provided later.
Prizes from our prize pool (a minimum of one prize will be added for every 25 paddles received) will be awarded to the artists of the paddles that raise the most at auction.