Since 2006, the Paddling Film Festival World Tour has been showcasing the very best paddling films. The World Tour screens in more than 120 cities around the world. Join us for this year’s best paddling films. You’ll be inspired to explore rivers, lakes and oceans, push extremes, embrace the paddling lifestyle and appreciate the wild places.
Huntsville, Ontario, Friday, June 5th, 2020 – Algonquin Outfitters presents the 15th annual Paddling Film Festival at Algonquin Theatre in Huntsville on Friday, June 5th, 2020 at 7:30 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm).
The Paddling Film Festival is an international adventure film tour presenting the world’s best paddling films of the year – whitewater, sea kayaking, canoeing, SUP, action and lifestyle – in more than 120 cities and towns across Canada, United States and around the world.
Be sure to show up early at 6:30 pm for a meet and greet with some special guests in Partner’s Hall. “Taste the Great Outdoors” with our good friends from Lake of Bays Brewery will also be on hand with some cold samples of their line of local craft beers.
2020 PADDLING FILM FESTIVAL LINEUP ANNOUNCED
More than 75 paddling films were considered, however, the Paddling Film Festival committee narrowed down submissions to a shortlist of 25 films that will tour around the world to more than 135 cities as part of the 2020 Paddling Film Festival World Tour. https://paddlingfilmfestival.com/press/208-2020-paddling-film-festival-lineup-announced.html
- (People) Of Water – BEST DOCUMENTARY
- A Kayaker’s Solo Adventure In India | with Nouria Newman
- Balkan Rivers Tour 4 | Action for Wild Rivers- BEST ENVIRONMENTAL
- Banking on Bailey- BEST SHORT FILM
- Broken Body of Water
- By Hand – BEST ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Can’t Ski Vegas
- Dagger Presents | Women Of Whitewater
- Dave-the-Potter – Letting Go and Moving On
- Family Routes – BEST CANOEING
- Homecoming – A Boundary Waters Story
- Howe Sound
- ICEolation – BEST SEA KAYAKING
- International Whitewater Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Lawaiʻa, A Family Fishing Fable – BEST KAYAK FISHING
- Pull Of The North
- Road to Water with Robert Field
- The Crossing
- The Great Route
- The Long River Home
- The Rio Caqueta – BEST WHITEWATER
- The Salad Days
- Vitamin Sea – BEST STANDUP PADDLEBOARDING
Our Huntsville Film List
We’ll handpick the best of the best from the list above and announce which films we will be featuring in Huntsville closer to our show.
How to buy tickets
Tickets are: $16+HST Adults and $12.50+HST Youth
Online: With the use of Visa or Master Card – purchase tickets online at https://tickets.algonquintheatre.ca/
In Person: At the theatre box office 37 Main Street East, Huntsville with the use of cash, Visa, Master Card, gift certificate or debit – see our hours of operation.
For special ticket requests or accessible services contact us by phone or in person.