Big East River X
Algonquin Outfitters Big East River X
Our spring classic, The Algonquin Outfitters Big East River X Marathon event may not be the longest event however it still is demanding and challenging. This 40km course follows flat-water rivers of the upper Muskoka River and Big East River with open water paddling on Lake Vernon. The Big East River X Family/Recreation event is intended to be a social, friendly, and fun event for families, inexperienced paddlers, or those just wanting share a day on the water. Being only 9km, the course is achievable for most paddlers as it follows flat-water rivers and ventures only briefly into Lake Vernon. The Big East River X is a great event to step up your training for the Muskoka River X or just to try your hand at paddling and get on the water.
- River Mill Park in Huntsville, upstream, along the Muskoka River into Lake Vernon. From Lake Vernon, teams will paddle up the Big East River crossing under the Hwy 11 Bridge after which teams will return along the same route, completing the race at River Mill Park. Out and Back.
- Flat water, deep, lake and river
- Total Distance: 40km
- Number of Portages: 0
- May 27 07:30 AM EDT – 40km Pre-Race Briefing
- May 27 08:00 AM EDT – 40km Start Tandem
- May 27 08:05 AM EDT – 40km Solo Start
- May 27 08:30 AM EDT – 9km Pre-Race Briefing
- May 27 09:00 AM EDT – 9km Start Tandem
- May 27 09:05 AM EDT – 9km Start Solo