How to Canoe Camp in Algonquin Park
Julia and Chris Prouse – How to Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park
How To Canoe Camp In Algonquin Park!
This video is sponsored by the friendly folks at Algonquin Outfitters, where we rent our canoes from! Check them out online at: https://algonquinoutfitters.com
In this video, we delve into how to canoe camp in Algonquin Park’s interior, for people who are interested in exploring the park’s backcountry and some of Canada’s most beautiful wilderness by canoe. The video is full of great advice, helpful tips and gear recommendations for getting you started on your first canoe trip. It covers the following topics below which you can jump to using the index of time codes below. Be sure to enjoy the video in 1440p or full 4K if you can! 🙂
03:23 – Why Canoe Camp?
04:19 – When?
06:27 – Where?
08:57 – Selecting Your Route
15:03 – Booking Your Trip
15:56 – Canoe Camping Gear
32:52 – Meal Planning
35:46 – Before Heading In
39:20 – Navigating
42:23 – Setting Up Camp
47:45 – Bear Safety
51:20 – Enjoy It!
Our complete Algonquin Park canoe trip playlists:
- 5 Day Classic Algonquin Park Canoe Trip – Canoe Lake To Big Trout Lake! (4K): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
- 7 Day Algonquin Park Camping Trip – Exploring the North Side! (HD): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
Example of a shorter, more manageable day of trekking for people just starting out in the park (day 1 from the 5 day trip playlist above): https://youtu.be/tIStvBV5fiM
Example of a much longer day, even for experienced paddlers (day 2 from the 5 day trip playlist above): https://youtu.be/b5ql-zKic3o
Music “Love For The Ocean” by Martin Hall (licensed).
Filmed and edited by Chris Prouse.
P.S. Thanks for watching! 🙂 xx
Other Useful Links
- Algonquin Park's website for making online reservations
- Jeff's Map - a free online PDF map of Algonquin Park
- Avenza Map app, free on iOS or Android - download Jeff's Map of Algonquin Park through the app, and then enjoy the ability to view the map off the grid, while still using your phone's internal GPS to show you where you are on the map
Passionate about cinematography, video editing, graphic design and media production services. I'd write a more elaborate bio, but I'm having too much fun creating a video right now. For realzies ;) ...but in all seriousness, I love what I do and I think it's important to have a good sense of humour in life!